The first step towards rooting, installing TWRP Recovery, Custom ROMs, etc. is to unlock the bootloader. So here is the full guide to Unlock Bootloader of Realme 2 Pro. Hope you will enjoy learning it.
Most of the Oppo Phones come at first with a locked bootloader. It doesn’t allow any custom binaries to install over it. This restriction is for keeping device safe.
But many of the users don’t like Color Operating System for various reasons. They want to switch to a different custom ROM. They want to install some mods over Color OS by rooting their phone. Rooting requires a custom recovery. So, for this, the first thing to do is to unlock Bootloader of Realme 2 Pro.
After unlocking the bootloader, you will able to root your android device. You can install a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery. You can install custom ROMs which are available in XDA forum.
Unlocking the Bootloader of Realme 2 Pro is not so difficult. Realme provides unlock tool to its users. Anyone who wants to unlock the device can use it. So there is no hassle to unlock the bootloader of realme 2 pro.
Realme 2 Pro Brief Specifications:
Table of Contents
Design: Aluminium frame, Plastic back
Display: 6.3 inches IPS LCD display, Full HD+ resolution (1080×2340 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
So, these were the specs of Realme 2 Pro. Let’s move towards the tutorial. You will learn how to unlock bootloader of Realme 2 Pro. This is the official method of unlocking the phone. But before that let me explain you its advantages and drawbacks. Let’s go.
Advantages: Reasons To Unlock Bootloader Of Realme 2 Pro
Install Custom Recovery: After unlocking the bootloader, you can install custom recovery. Stock recovery comes with several limitations. But custom recovery like TWRP provides several functions to the phone.
Root Your Phone: Locked bootloader doesn’t allow to root your phone. But you can do that after unlocking it. But remember, root only through SuperSu or Magisk via TWRP. Don’t use one click root tools as they can damage your phone.
Install Custom ROM: You might not like the official COLOR OS of your phone. Then its time to unlock the bootloader. So, you will be able to install custom ROMs and enjoy the AOSP ROMs. Custom OS provides many features and boosts the performance and battery life.
Apart from these, there are also various other advantages you can achieve after unlocking the bootloader.
Disadvantages: Reasons Not To Unlock Bootloader Of Realme 2 Pro
OTA Updates: Unlocked phones tend to receive few OTA updates from Oppo. You cannot upgrade to the latest Color OS after unlocking bootloader. But you can do it yourself if you need. Only automatic updates aren’t pushed.
Brick Your Phone: Once you unlock your phone’s bootloader, your phone is exposed to several risks. It may brick as well if you fail to install custom mods, zip file or ROMs. Your phone can even brick while rooting. So be cautious about that. Check out how to unbrick phone without PC if you bricked your phone.
Find Device: You cannot use Oppo Find through Oppo account after unlocking bootloader. But don’t worry, you can find your device through google account.
Your Device will factory reset. You will lose all of your personal data. So backup your data first before proceeding.
This was all about the merits and demerits of unlocking bootloader. So, let’s begin with the real unlocking procedure.
You will need the following things to unlock the bootloader:
2. Download the Deeptesting Apk and install it on your phone.
3. Open the App.
4. Click on “Start Applying”.
5. Read and Accept the Disclaimer and Submit Your Application
6. Your Application will be reviewed and accepted in a few hours. Just wait until it says “Review Successful”.
7. After approval, click on “Start The In-Depth Test” and your phone will boot on fastboot mode.
8. On your pc, Download the adb and fastboot drivers from above or from here, then install the drivers. Then connect your device to pc using original usb cable.
9. Open cmd on your pc and enter the following command to check if the device is connected.
It should output with the device serial ID. If not then you should reinstall the drivers properly.
10. Now type following command and press enter to boot into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
11. Finally type the following command and press enter
fastboot flashing unlock
You don’t need any unlock key or unlock code.
12. A confirmation will appear on your phone. Press Volume Up key to continue.
13. Then enter following command
14. Your phone’s bootloader is successfully unlocked. But you will lose all of your data as device gets factory reset. So backup your data first.
15. If you face any problems, go to About Phone and Tap on Build Number few times. Then in Developers Option, turn on oem unlocking option or USB debugging if available.
So, this was all about how to unlock the bootloader of Realme 2 Pro. After unlocking, you can install the custom recovery, root your phone. Or do anything which wasn’t possible without unlocking the bootloader.