The first step towards rooting, installing TWRP Recovery, Custom ROMs, etc. is to unlock the bootloader so here is the full guide on How to Unlock Bootloader of Realme 3 Pro Officially.
Almost all the Oppo Phones come initially with a locked bootloader which doesn’t allow any custom binaries to be installed and it keeps the device safe. But many of the users don’t like Color OS for various reasons and they want to switch to a different custom ROM or they want to install some mods over Color OS by rooting their phone. The very first thing to achieve it is to unlock Bootloader of Realme 3 Pro. After unlocking the bootloader, you will able to root your phone, install a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery and also install custom ROMs which are available in XDA forum.
Unlocking the Bootloader of Realme 3 Pro is not so difficult. The unlock tool is also provided by Realme officially so there is no hassle to unlock the bootloader of Realme 3 Pro.
Realme 3 Pro Brief Specifications:
- Display: 6.3″ IPS LCD panel with Full-HD+ resolution (1080 x 2340 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Dual, 16 MP Primary with f/1.7 aperture and PDAF + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single, 25 MP
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 710
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB, expandable up to 256 GB via dedicated microSD card
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorsOS 6 on top
So, these were the specifications of Realme 3 Pro. Now, let’s move towards the tutorial on how to unlock bootloader of Realme 3 Pro with the official method. But before that let me explain to you the advantages and disadvantages of unlocking the bootloader.
Advantages: Reasons To Unlock Bootloader Of Realme 3 Pro
- Install Custom Recovery: After unlocking the bootloader, you can now install custom recovery on your phone as stock recovery comes with several limitations and custom recovery for eg. TWRP Recovery provides several functions for the phone.
- Root Your Phone: Locked bootloader doesn’t allow to root your phone but you can do that after unlocking the bootloader. But remember, the only root through SuperSu or Magisk via custom recovery, don’t use one click root tools as they can damage your phone permanently.
- Install Custom ROM: If you are fed up with the official COLOR OS of your phone then its time to unlock the bootloader of your Realme 3 Pro so that you will be able to install custom ROMs and enjoy the AOSP ROMs.
Apart from these, there are also various other advantages you can achieve after unlocking the bootloader.
Disadvantages: Reasons Not To Unlock Bootloader Of Realme 3 Pro
- OTA Updates: Unlocked phones tend to receive very few OTA updates that it pushed by the Oppo itself. You cannot upgrade to the latest official Color OS ROM once you unlock the Bootloader but you can do it manually if you need. Only automatic updates aren’t pushed.
- Brick Your Phone: Once you unlock your phone’s bootloader, your phone is now exposed to several risks. It may brick as well if you fail to install custom mods, recoveries or ROMs due to untrusted files or your phone can even brick while rooting. So be cautious about that. Check out How to Unbrick Phone without PC if you bricked your phone.
- Find Device: You cannot use Oppo Find through Oppo account once you have unlocked your bootloader. But don’t worry, you can still find your device through google account.
- Your Device will factory reset and you will lose all of your personal data so backup your data first before proceeding.
This was all about the merits and demerits on unlocking bootloader of Realme 3 Pro. Now, let’s begin with the real unlocking procedure.
You will need the following things to unlock the bootloader:
- Realme 3 Pro
- A PC (I prefer Windows OS)
- USB Data Cable (Original)
- USB Drivers (adb and fastboot)
- DeepTesting Tool
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Realme 3 Pro:
Make sure you have all the things as I mentioned above. Then follow the instructions below to unlock the Bootloader.
- First of all, read all the points mentioned in the pre-requisite section first and then proceed to follow this guide.
2. Download the Deeptesting Apk and install it on your phone.
3. Open the App.
4. Click on “Start Applying”.
5. Read and Accept the Disclaimer and Submit Your Application
6. Your Application will be reviewed and accepted in a few hours. Just wait until it says “Review Successful”.
7. After approval, click on “Start The In-Depth Test” and your phone will boot on fastboot mode.
8. On your pc, Download the adb and fastboot drivers from above or from here, then install the drivers.
9. Open cmd on your pc and enter the following command to check if the device is connected
It should output with the device serial ID. If not then you should reinstall the drivers properly.
10. Now type following command and press enter to boot into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
11. Finally type the following command and press enter
fastboot flashing unlock
12. A confirmation will appear on your phone. Press Volume Up key to continue.
13. Then enter following command
14. Your phone’s bootloader is successfully unlocked but you will lose all of your data so backup your data first.
So, this was all about how to unlock the bootloader of Realme 3 Pro Officially. Now you can install the custom recovery, root your phone or do anything which was not possible to do without unlocking the bootloader.