The first step towards rooting your phone, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, installing custom ROMs, tweak the phone system, etc. is to have your phone’s bootloader unlocked so here I am going to guide you on How to Unlock Bootloader of Oppo F1S Officially.
Almost all the Oppo Phones come initially with a locked bootloader which doesn’t allow any custom binaries to be installed and it keeps the device safe. But many of the users don’t like Color OS for various reasons and they want to switch to a different custom ROM or they want to install some mods over Color OS by rooting their phone. The very first thing to achieve it is to unlock Bootloader of Oppo F1S. After unlocking the bootloader, you will able to root your phone, install a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery and also install custom ROMs which are available in XDA forum.
Unlocking the Bootloader of Oppo F1S is not so difficult. The unlock tool is also provided by Xda officially so there is no hassle to unlock the bootloader of Oppo F1S.
Oppo F1S Brief Specifications:
• 5.5-inch HD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (267 ppi)
• Android 5.1 Lollipop with ColorOS 3.0
• 34GB ROM with expandable storage (up to 256GB)
• 4GB RAM
• 13 MP, f/2.2 aperture with Phase Detection Autofocus Rear Facing Camera
• 16 MP Front Facing Camera
• Mediatek MT6750 Chipset
• Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 processor
• Mali-T860MP2 GPU
• Fingerprint sensor
• Non-removable 3075mAH battery
So, these were the specifications of Oppo F1S. Now, let’s move towards the tutorial on how to unlock bootloader of Oppo F1S with the official method. But before that let me explain to you the advantages and disadvantages of unlocking the bootloader.
Advantages: Reasons To Unlock Bootloader Of Oppo F1S
- Install Custom Recovery: After unlocking the bootloader, you can now install custom recovery on your phone as stock recovery comes with several limitations and custom recovery for eg. TWRP Recovery provides several functions for the phone.
- Root Your Phone: Locked bootloader doesn’t allow to root your phone but you can do that after unlocking the bootloader. But remember, the only root through SuperSu or Magisk via custom recovery, don’t use one click root tools as they can damage your phone permanently.
- Install Custom ROM: If you are fed up with the official COLOR ROM of your phone then its time to unlock the bootloader of your Oppo F1S so that you will be able to install custom ROMs and enjoy the AOSP ROMs.
Apart from these, there are also various other advantages you can achieve after unlocking the bootloader.
Disadvantages: Reasons Not To Unlock Bootloader Of Oppo F1S
- OTA Updates: Unlocked phones tend to receive very few OTA updates that it pushed by the Oppo itself. You cannot upgrade to the latest official Color OS ROM once you unlock the Bootloader but you can do it manually if you need. Only automatic updates aren’t pushed.
- Brick Your Phone: Once you unlock your phone’s bootloader, your phone is now exposed to several risks. It may brick as well if you fail to install custom mods, recoveries or ROMs due to untrusted files or your phone can even brick while rooting. So be cautious about that. Check out How to Unbrick Phone without PC if you bricked your phone.
- Find Device: You cannot use Oppo Find through Oppo account once you have unlocked your bootloader. But don’t worry, you can still find your device through google account.
This was all about the merits and demerits on unlocking bootloader of Oppo F1S. Now, let’s begin with the real unlocking procedure.
You will need the following things to unlock the bootloader:
- Oppo F1S
- A PC (I prefer Windows OS)
- USB Data Cable (Original)
- USB Drivers (adb and fastboot)
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Oppo F1S
Make sure you have all the things as I mentioned above. Then follow the instructions below to unlock the Bootloader.
- First of all, read all the points mentioned in the pre-requisite section first and then proceed to follow this guide
- Download the Magictricks file from the link attached above.
- Save it on your Computer or laptop
- Now extract the file (recommended)
- Connect your Oppo F1s to the computer via the stock USB cord
- Then transfer the files to your smartphone
- Switch off the smartphone
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode by holding Volume Up + Power key for 5 sec and releasing it
- Choose English from the language menu or any language you understands better
- After booting into the recovery mode select install from storage option (using volume keys)
- Now locate the file which you have transferred before and install it.
- This will make the bootloader unlockable and brings fastboot to your Oppo F1s smartphone.
- On your PC, install the required drivers. Get Minimal ADB and Fastboot Drivers and 15 Seconds ADB installer. The driver installation procedure is mentioned on their respective pages.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer’s option of your smartphone.
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
- adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
- fastboot reboot
- This will unlock the bootloader of Oppo F1s.
So, this was all about how to unlock the bootloader of Oppo F1S Officially. Now you can install the custom recovery, root your phone or do anything which was not possible to do without unlocking the bootloader.