Are you a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro user and Do you want to know How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro without PC within 2 minutes? If so then you have come to the right place. I have explained the step by step guide for you below.
Rooting has become the most important thing for android smartphone users nowadays. Rooting enables us to get beyond the default capabilities of our phone and get most out of it. Root access enables us to edit and adjust the system files as per our need. We can root our Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro easily and install Xposed to play with different modules and get custom features which aren’t available without root. There are also many other reasons for rooting which I will explain later as this tutorial is all about how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro without PC.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Brief Specifications:
The smartphone comes with the following features:
- Display: 6.26-inch IPS LCD FHD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- GPU: Adreno 509 GPU
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI on the top
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Storage: 32/64GB, with Expandable storage (uses SIM 2)
- Rear Camera: 12MP, f/1.9 + 5MP, f/2.2 with Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 20MP, f/2.0 + 2MP, f/2.2
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- SIM: Dual hybrid SIM with 4G VOLTE
- Battery: 4,000mAh
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro comes with MIUI ROM on top of Android OS which delivers unique features to it. You can root it easily to get even more custom features and use root apps and you don’t need a computer or laptop for rooting and it only takes a minute to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. So let’s start the actual procedure.
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Without PC:
Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is not so difficult once you have installed custom recovery. It is not good to try one click root apps like KingRoot or KingoRoot as they can fail and cause bootloop and also install malware. The best way to root safely is to use Custom Recovery.
So, I suggest you to install TWRP Recovery first then proceed. Check my post on how to install twrp recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Now, you have two choices i.e. SuperSu and Magisk. It’s up to you which root environment you like most. Read the article here to know all the differences between SuperSu and Magisk.
For rooting Redmi Note 6 Pro, you will need the following things:
- Your phone with TWRP Recovery Installed
First of all, make sure that you have installed TWRP Recovery, then only you will be able to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Download either Magisk or SuperSu flashable zip. As I prefer Magisk, I will show images of magisk Installation but the process is same and you can follow the same process to install SuperSu root on your phone. So, let’s proceed.
- Put the Magisk or SuperSu zip along with Lazyflasher in your internal storage.
2. Turn off your phone and press and hold Power + Volume Up button for a few seconds to boot TWRP Recovery.
3. On TWRP home, tap on Install and move to the folder where the flashable zips are located.
4. Choose Magisk or SuperSu zip and swipe to flash it. Wait for the installation to complete.
5. Now flash Lazyflasher Zip
6. Wipe Caches/Dalvik
8. After reboot, you will see either Magisk Manager or SuperSu app installed on your phone according to the root solution which you flashed earlier through Recovery.
So, this was all about how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro without using PC with Magisk or SuperSu. I hope you have successfully installed root access to your phone.
Don’t forget to check: