Rooting has become the most important thing for android smartphone users nowadays. Rooting enables us to get beyond the default capabilities of our phone and get most out of it. Root access enables us to edit and adjust the system files as per our need. We can root our Redmi Go easily and install Xposed to play with different modules and get custom features which aren’t available without root. There are also many other reasons for rooting which I will explain later as this tutorial is all about how to root Xiaomi Redmi Go without pc.
Xiaomi Redmi Go is the cheapest Redmi phone in the market but we can get a lot out of it through rooting. Custom fonts, themes, mods,etc. can be installed through root acess and also a vast amount of apps that require root access can be run after rooting Xiaomi Redmi Go.
Xiaomi Redmi Go brief specifications:
Although Redmi Go is the cheapest Xiaomi phone in the market but it comes best features on that price range. The phone comes with following specifications:
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (28nm)
- GPU: Adreno 308
- SIM (s): Dual SIM
- Display: 5.0 inches HD IPS LCD screen with 16:9 aspect ratio
- Rear cameras: 8 MP with LED flash and HDR
- Video: 1080p
- Front camera: 5 MP with HDR
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM:8 GB (expandable up to 128 GB with a dedicated slot)
- Battery: Non- removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, MicroUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Colors: Blue and Black
- Others: Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Xiaomi Redmi Go has minimal specifications but its features are not limited with that. It comes with MIUI ROM on top of Android OS which delivers unique features to it. Also, you can root it easily to get even more custom features and use root apps and you don’t need a pc for that and it only takes a minute to root Xiaomi Redmi Go. So let’s start the actual procedure.
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Go Without PC:
Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Go is not so difficult once you have installed custom recovery. It is not good to try one click root apps like KingRoot or KingoRoot as they can fail and cause bootloop and also install malwares. The best way to root safely is to use Custom Recovery.
So, I suggest you to install TWRP Recovery first then proceed. Check my post on how to install twrp recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go.
Now, you have two choices i.e. SuperSu and Magisk. Its upto you which root environment you like most. Read the article here to know all the differences between SuperSu and Magisk.
For, rooting Redmi Go, you will need the following things:
- Your phone with TWRP Recovery Installed
First of all, make your you have installed TWRP Recovery ,then only you will be able to root Xiaomi Redmi Go.
Download either Magisk or SuperSu flashable zip. As I prefer Magisk, I will show images of magisk Installation but the process is same and you can follow the same process to install SuperSu root on your phone. So, let’s proceed.
- Put the Magisk or SuperSu zip along with Lazyflasher in your internal storage.
2. Turn off your phone and press and hold Power + Volume Up button for a few seconds to boot TWRP Recovery.
3. On TWRP home, tap on Install and move to the folder where the flashable zips are located.
4. Choose Magisk or SuperSu zip and swipe to flash it. Wait for the installation to complete.
5. Now flash Lazyflasher
6. Wipe Caches/Dalvik
8. After reboot, you will see either Magisk Manager or SuperSu app installed on your phone according to the root solution which you flashed earlier through Recovery.
So, this was all about how to root Xiaomi Redmi Go without pc with Magisk or SuperSu. I hope you have successfully installed root access to your phone. Don’t forget to check: