How To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go
TWRP Recovery i.e. TeamWin Recovery Project is the most famous custom recovery for android phones. TWRP Recovery removes many limitations and helps you too a lot of extra fuctions to your phone. You can root your phone,wipe your phone, install Custom ROMs, install Custom Kernels and much more through TWRP Recovery. You can also backup your whole OS or unlock your phone even if you’ve forgotten the lock screen password. So, for all these things you need to install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Go and I will be providing detailed instructions to install TWRP Recovery on your phone through this post.
In order to be eligible to install TWRP Recovery, you need to unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Go as it originally comes with locked bootloader which doesn’t allow the installation of custom recovery. So, check out my article on How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Go and make sure that you have unlocked bootloader successfully before proceeding towards installation of TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go.
Xiaomi Redmi Go brief description:
Xiaomi Redmi Go probably the cheapest Xiaomi phone in the market with best features on that price range. The phone consists of following specifications:
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (28nm)
- GPU: Adreno 308
- SIM (s): Dual SIM
- Display: 5.0 inches HD IPS LCD screen with 16:9 aspect ratio
- Rear cameras: 8 MP with LED flash and HDR
- Video: 1080p
- Front camera: 5 MP with HDR
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM:8 GB (expandable up to 128 GB with a dedicated slot)
- Battery: Non- removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, MicroUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Colors: Blue and Black
- Others: Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Although the phone comes in a bugdet segment with minimal specifications but it is not limited only upto specifications. Xiaomi phones tend to get enough developers to support even the cheapest phone with great custom development and custom TWRP Recovery is a must for getting custom support from xda developers.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go:
Installing TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Go device will give you following advantages but it is not limited only upto following list. You can get a lot more advantages beyond them
- You can root your phone with Magisk or SuperSU depending on your choice.
- You can install custom ROMs which provides AOSP Experience and a lot of customizations.
- You can install various mods through flashable zips like audio booster, custom themes, fonts, sounds, etc.
- You can install custom kernels for getting uptimum performance and battery with your phone.
- You can backup your whole ROM , wipe or format data in a single click and much more.
Disadvantages: Reasons not to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go
Will so many advantages, there are also few disadvantages that you need to undergo after installing TWRP Recovery. So make sure you agree with these before proceeding further.
- You will stop receiving official OTA updates as TWRP modifies your system files.
- Your warranty will be void.
- It may cause bootloop if you flash untrusted files through TWRP Recovery
But don’t worry for bootloops as I already have a solution for that on how to fix bootloop on any android device without pc.
Now let’s proceed towards its installation without wasting time.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go:
In order to install TWRP Recovery on your device, you need to have the following things:
- Unlocked Bootloader
- A PC (I prefer Windows OS)
- Adb and Fastboot Drivers
- Original USB Data Cable
- Xiaomi Redmi Go
- Lazyflasher zip
- TWRP.img file. Get it from here
I guess that you have already downloaded the above mentioned files and made everything ready.
- Install the Minimal ADB Drivers and Fastboot Drivers on your PC
- Download twrp file from above and Unrar it with WinRAR. You will get a .img file. Rename it to recovery.img
- Turn off your phone and press and hold power + Volume down button for few seconds until a robot comes up sying fastboot mode.
4.Connect your phone to PC with Data Cable
5.Move to the folder where recovery.img file is located.
On the blank space, press Shift + Right Click on keyboard and Open Command Window.
6. On command window, type the following code and press enter
It should show you the hardware ID of your phone, if nothing shows or command isn’t recognized then you have to install adb and fastboot drivers properly.
7. Now, type following command and press enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. Wait for a few seconds to complete the installation then type this command and press enter
9. Your phone will reboot on TWRP Recovery. Don’t stop here. Still the most important part is left otherwise you will end up in bootloop.
10. Download Lazyflasher from above and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
11. On TWRP screen, swipe to allow modifications and then tap on install, choose the Lazyflasher and flash it. This will remove DM verification and your phone can now boot up.
12. Congratulations you have successfully installed twrp recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go.
So, This was all about Installing TWRP Custom Recovery on Redmi Go. I hope you guys successfully installed the custom recovery. Now you can root or install custom ROMs through TWRP Recovery.
In the meantime, Don’t forget to check: